Sure you can buy a Betty Crocker or Spuds pouch and poof…bacon mashed potatoes! But let’s pretend for a minute that no one in the world sometimes (I use that word loosely lol) ever wants the easiest, quickest, most convenient way. Let’s pretend we aren’t of the working class who’s super tired and doesn’t understand why people need to eat anyway (at least why they need to eat everyday…like drink some water and move along hehehehe)
My love of potatoes and bacon have come together in fantastic, fresh, real way. Here’s a quick recipe for real, yet easy, bacon mashed potatoes.
What You Will Need:
2-3 Medium Potatoes
3-4 Slices of Bacon
1 tbsp butter
3/4 cups of milk
Salt and Pepper
*If you’re feeling really fancy add fresh chives or cheese to spruce them up even more.
1. Bring potatoes to a boil. Allow to cook until soft. (To check for doneness stick a fork in them. When done the fork will glide through the thickest portion of the potato with ease).
2. While the potatoes are cooking cook bacon as crunchy as possible.
3. Pat bacon with a paper towel to remove any excess oil when done. Crumble bacon and sit to the side.
4. Chop chives and sit to the side. (optional)
5. When done, peel skin from potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes in a bowl.
6. Add milk, salt, pepper and butter to potatoes. (These are my measurements but it should be to your taste. Remember the more milk you add the less firm your potatoes will be.)
7. Fold in bacon.