What You Will Need:
1 cut of Chuck Beef
2 cups beef broth
1 clove of garlic
1 small onion
2 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven 350 or 375 degrees.
2. Add beef broth, 4-5 leave of rosemary, and a few leaves of parsley to a pot. Bring to a boil. Turn off burner and allow to steep.
3. Slice onions in rounds. Afterward cut rounds into halves. Clean and chop carrots.
4. Peel garlic. Chop in half. Cut one half into four pieces. Mince the other.
5. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet. Add 8-10 rosemary leaves to butter. After 2-3 minutes add onions. Allow onions to cook a little. Lastly add carrots. Toss all items together for 3-5 minutes until onions have softened.
6. Transport all items above to the cooking dish in which your beef will be cooked. DO NOT wash the pan.
7. Cut four tiny holes into each section of your beef. Put cut garlic into holes.
8. Add minced garlic to the cast iron skillet. Stir constantly. DO NOT allow garlic to burn. After 2-3 minutes add garlic with other items in cooking dish.
9. Using the same unwashed cast iron skillet brown both sides of beef chuck.
10. Remove beef from skillet. DO NOT wash.
11. Add beef broth to cast iron skillet. The broth should come to a boil quickly. Stir for several minutes. Pour broth over beef and other items in cooking dish. Put a stick of rosemary on top of beef. Cover and put in oven.
12. Cook for 1 hr 10 minutes. As always keep your eye on the dish as ovens cook differently.
13. Once complete check for any garlic which was stuck in beef earlier. Remove if it has not already fallen out.