O thank heavens! I didn’t have to work late this evening. My appetite for cooking has been starved for the last two weeks. Initially, tonight, (my 1st week night home at a decent time in two weeks) dinner was slated to be hot dogs and french fries. Honesty is the best policy right hahahahaha. (Cut me some slack I’m a single mom…kidding only kidding…but I am you know 🙂 ) However, after an hour long yoga practice I was feeling refreshed and raring to go!
My daughter was literally slurping this off of her plate. LOL. (yes I did tell her to stop) Here’s a quick, mouthwatering recipe for Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo. I found a recipe on Baking Mischief for the alfredo sauce. I pretty much winged the rest blindfolded and it was yummy! I’m getting better and it feels good to be able to say that!
What You Will Need:
1 stick of butter
1 1/3 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp butter
1. Boil fettuccine noodles.
2. Start sauce. In a pot melt butter. Add milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the mixture.Slowly stir in cheese. (my sauce was kinda clumpy, I assume because I just dumped the cheese in.)
3. Once cheese has melted and the sauce is desired consistency lower heat. Allow sauce to simmer. Remember to stir occasionally while on simmer.
4. Prepare broccoli. Add oil to cover the bottom of a sauce pan. Put broccoli in pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss while cooking. (I left mine rather crunchy, apparently, it’s healthier) After broccoli is finished remove from pan.
5. Mince garlic clove.
6. Prepare shrimp. Lightly saute garlic, butter, olive oil and parsley in pan for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp to pan. Cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add noodles to sauce or pour sauce over noodles. Add all items to plate.