In an attempt to achieve variety for dinner I have taken on Pinterest Missions. Bi-weekly I scroll through Pinterest for clean eating meals.
Here’s a mini shepherd’s pie recipe I executed successfully last night. Personally I could use a tad bit more seasoning. However, it will definitely be a meal that will be enjoyed again in my house. This recipe was found on Pilsbury’s website.
Here’s my rendition of Mini Shepherd’s Pie
What You Will Need:
1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables
1 box pie crust
1/2 lb hamburger
1/3 cup beef broth
2-3 medium potatoes
2-3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop onions
3. Brown hamburger. Add onions to hamburger at start of cooking.
4. Drain hamburger.
5. Add vegetables to a microwave safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place top on bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes.
6. Add hamburger, vegetable and beef stock into pan. Allow to cook until liquid is just about gone.
7. Lower heat or remove from burner. Do not allow meat to dry out.
8. Rinse and clean outside of potatoes. Place in microwave. Allow to cook for 7-10 minutes. Keep and eye on your potatoes.
9. Peel potatoes. Mash potatoes using a potato masher. Add milk and butter. Add more if needed. Consistency should be smooth.
10. Using a rolling pin to flatten pie crust. Cut 4 inch rounds from pie crust.
11. Line muffin pan with each crust round. Be sure to push crust round firmly into pan.
12. Place in oven. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes. Crust will fluff a little and appear brown. Remove from oven.
13. Spoon filling into muffin pan. After filling each muffin cup add desired amount of mashed potato on top.
14. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes. When potatoes begin to brown your mini shepherd’s pies are ready to eat!
*Cute little story* I’m pretty resourceful. That’s how most single mom’s are. Here’s my rendition of a rolling pin and a dough cutter. Hahahahahahahahaha!