Chicken breast…that was the meat for this nights meal. Sigh. Same thing over and over. My life will end in monotony! LOL. I’m kidding! It does however feel like this when the time comes to prepare dinner.(Like can’t we just eat it raw hahahahaha)
As parents getting a meal on the table quickly, (preferably also tasty to avoid the “please eat your dinner spill” lol) after working, dropping off/picking up kids and running errands just to name a few tasks in our day, is the primary focus once we arrive home. Here’s an easy chicken parmesan recipe that is sure to please the crowd!
*Please forgive my picture taken on a Styrofoam plate. All the energy I had this night had been sucked out of me. Hints why I’m just blogging it lol* I tried to muster up enough strength to make it pretty but I just couldn’t*
What You Will Need:
2 large chicken breast
1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1. Clean chicken breast. If you use a full breast remove skin and bones. Rinse.
2. Season breast with a little salt and pepper.
3. Beat egg until mixed.
4. Pour panko bread crumbs into a bowl large enough for chicken breast to fit. Add a little oregano to crumbs.
5. Cover chicken in bread crumbs. Tap away excess bread crumbs.
6. Dip breaded breast into egg. Allow excess egg to drain off.
7. Put chicken breast into bread crumbs one last time. Tap away excess bread crumbs.
8. Place chicken breast on non stick backing sheet or foil lined baking sheet.
9. Cook on 400 degrees for 20-25 mins. Always remember to check. Chicken is done when juice runs clear.
10. If necessary, add seasoning, garlic, onions and pepper to spaghetti sauce. Bring to boil. Turn stove down to simmer. Allow to simmer for 10-15 mins.
11. Pour spaghetti sauce over done chicken breast.
12. Add a mixture of mozzarella and parmesan cheese over top.
13. Place back in oven until cheese has melted.