With this being a long weekend I had not intentions of being in the kitchen for hours preparing a meal. Long weekends for me mean cleaning and relaxing. As I lazily laid on the couch scrolling through Pinterest I ran across what looked to be a yummy yet quick meal. I guess you could also call this a Pinterest Mission as well! It’s a Pillsbury recipe, however.
(My Rendition) Bacon Cheeseburger Crescent Ring
What You Will Need:
1 lb Hamburger
2 cans 8 oz Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 green pepper
4 pieces provolone cheese
4 slices bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook 4 strips of bacon. Strain on a paper towel. Set aside.
3. Clean and chop onions and green peppers. Put in pan with a little olive oil. Sautee onions and green peppers for 5 mins or less.
4. Add hamburger to pan with green peppers and onions to brown. Flavor to your taste with onion salt, garlic salt and oregano. (Oregano is strong; don’t use too much)
5. Once hamburger is brown, strain excess oil from meat.
6. Cover baking sheet with foil wrap. Oil foil with a little olive oil.
7. Arrange crescent strips on pan.
8. Spoon hamburger onto portion of crescent strips that overlap. Add bacon on top of hamburger.Cut cheese in halves. Place cheese on top of all the filings.
9.Begin to wrap each crescent strip over filing. Be sure to tuck the ends under the bottom of the ring. Spread a little oil or butter on top.
10. Place in oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes!
11. Allow to set for 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Ingredients not used from original recipe: Dill Pickles, Ranch Dressing, Sesame Seed
Substitutions: Provolone Cheese for American Cheese,
Additions: Green Peppers, Onions