A few posts ago I mentioned it was my personal mission to try Pinterest recipes. This post is number 3 but you won’t find #1 or #2 as a title (just came up with this series name tonight…sorry lol). Mission 1, stuffed chicken, was a success. However mission 2, kung pow chicken meatballs, was a complete and utter fail. Admission of your failures is not bad. In some cases it can be hilarious. Click on “kung pow chicken meatballs” to see just how badly I screwed that up…o and you can laugh! I definitely did!
Mission 3 was…drum roll…wait for it…A SUCCESS! Yippie! Go me! This recipe was from Kitchen Nostalgia.
Here’s my rendition of Garlic Butter Spaghetti and Chicken…
What You Will Need:
2 On Bone and Skin On Chicken Breast
2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp Butter
1. Preheat oven to 390-400 degrees.
2. Rinse and clean chicken breast.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a napkin to allow to dry a bit.
4. Peel and chop one garlic clove. Chop rather finely, you will be eating this. (No one wants a huge chunk of garlic on their pallet…yuck)
5. In a pan add 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp butter, 2 tsp chopped garlic. Allow butter to melt. Once butter has melted add honey. Allow to simmer for 2-4 minutes. Be sure not to let garlic brown (according to the recipe it will taste bitter)
6. Cover an oven safe pan with foil wrap (easy clean up). Cover bottom of the pan with olive oil. Place pan in oven. Allow oil to warm for 5-7 mins. (Keep your eye on it)
7. Lay chicken breast top down in oil. Allow to cook for 3 mins. This will brown and slightly crisp the skin. (I love this technique)
8. Flip chicken over. Pour mixture from step #5 onto chicken.
9. Allow chicken to cook until done. Juice will drain clear. (I cooked mine for 20 or 30 mins while I enjoyed a movie with my “minion”…and that’s also the movie we watched 🙂 )
While your chicken is cooking prepare spaghetti noodles. Cook to al dente. Add 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp parsley and 1/2 tsp garlic salt to a pan and mix. Once noodles are done. Toss in pan in mixture.
Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for 2-3 mins.Slice chicken. Arrange noodles on plate, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on noodle, place sliced chicken on top and PRESTO…DINNER IS SERVED! 🙂
I hope you enjoy. This is a very family friendly meal as well. My daughter loved it! Gave me a thumbs up while eating out of her hands and licking her finger. Yes she is almost 6 lol. Kids do the silliest things!
Ingredients not used from original recipe: Red Pepper Flakes
Substitutions: honey for brown sugar, garlic salt for garlic (in noodles), olive oil for sunflower or canola oil, bone in and skin on chicken breast for boneless skinless chicken breast