After a pretty long day of cleaning plus beginning (ridiculously late might I add) spring cleaning Sunday dinner needed to be quick, easy and thoughtless. In my anti cooking days there were meals I cooked faithfully. You know when I started to feel bad about feeding my kids McDonalds, Burger King, Chinese, etc. for a number of days in a row. (O I sure hope no one is judging me lol) Tonight I reverted to a simple casserole from the past. Tasty and clean yet quick and easy. The teen in my house gave thumbs up and headed in for seconds! (He’s my toughest critic 🙂 )
What You Will Need:
5-6 medium potatoes
1 lb hamburger
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 bag Mexican blend cheese
1 Green Pepper
1/2 tsp garlic Salt
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
Prep Time: 5-15 mins
1. Clean and peel potatoes. Rinse after peeling.
2. Slice potatoes (long).
3. Place in a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt and set aside.
4. Cut a a small amount of onions and green peppers into small cubes. (flavoring)
Cook Time: 45 mins – 1 hour (*Pre Heat Oven to 350 degrees.)
1. In a pan add hamburger, oregano, garlic salt, onions and green peppers.
2. Brown hamburger. Drain grease.
3. Put spaghetti sauce in a pot. Allow to boil. Lower heat after bowl.
4. Add hamburger. Depending on sauce it may be necessary to spruce it up a bit. I used sugar and salt.
5. Once the sauce suits your taste turn heat off.
6. Cover pan with foil wrap. (Easy clean up whoop whoop!)
7. Use olive oil to oil foil and begin to layer ingredients.
8. Potatoes, hamburger sauce, and cheese.
9. Continue until pan is full. Top layer should be cheese. (I shredded a little fresh Parmesan on top as well.)
10. Cover with foil wrap. Put in oven.
11. Allow to cook for 30-40 mins. (You may cook longer depending on how crunchy you like potatoes in a casserole.)
12. With 5 mins left remove foil covering and broil on HI for 3-5 mins. Keep and eye on it. Broil works fast!
13. Allow to cool for 5-7 mins. Then enjoy!
The cheesecake craving hit today. I cannot say no to cheesecake. Check out the recipe here! Yummy with fresh strawberries! Who could possibly say no to that! No this girl!
It is my sincere hope that you all have a wonderful week ahead of you. Remember…